Community Quilts work days are the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month from 9 am until 3 pm at the OPQG facility, 2738 S. Campbell, Springfield, MO.
We invite everyone to join in for all or part of the day.
The Community Quilts Group is comprised of friendly, energetic and generous members who graciously give their time and talents to provide quilts for those in need in our community.
You can help….
If you are unable to join us there are lots of ways to help provide comfort to people in need….
- Take home a kit and stitch up a quilt top……
- Take home a quilt to bind……
- Take a quilt top to quilt (batting and backing included)…….
We typically give away 300-500 quilts each year to many area agencies including:
Ronald McDonald House
Ambassadors for Children
Child Advocacy Center
Newborns in Need
Southwest Center for Independent Living
Ashley House, and others
We partner with the local law enforcement agencies, making quilts so that police cars have something to give to children when necessary.
We also give “Raffle Quilts” to non-profit groups to use for fundraising:
Soroptimist Club of Springfield
Festival of Sharing
Christian County Family Crisis Center, and others
Community Quilts also includes….
- Baby Quilts – made throughout the year for donation to various charities. Bobbi Thorne (email@example.com) and Sandy Sutton (firstname.lastname@example.org) co-chair this program. They would be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Doll Quilt Program – sponsored by the Night Guild. Members make and donate small (18” and 30”) doll quilts to Crosslines. Crosslines distributes more than 300 of our doll quilts each year to children at their Christmas Store. Contact Maryann Wenger (email@example.com) for more information.
Guild members help set up the Ozark Empire Fair quilt display each year and we also sponsor a cash award for winners at the fair.