Education classes meet monthly at OPQG
Village Shopping Center, 2738 S. Campbell, Springfield, MO
The day for these classes will vary.
- These monthly quilting classes are taught by guild members and are for guild members only.
- Members must pay a $10 cash deposit to hold their place in class. When the member arrives at the class, the $10 is refunded. If the member does not attend, the money goes into guild funds. If you cancel no later than 1 week prior to the class, you will receive your deposit back at the next Guild meeting.
- Money is collected at the Education table at the montly meetings or by the ladies below.
- Class signups begin 2 months prior to the date of the class.
- These classes cover all aspects of quilting from beginning level quilting to the most advanced techniques.
- For your convenience, some supply lists will be e-mailed or snail mailed.
- Classes begin at 9:30 am sharp and last until about 2 pm.
- Please see the Guild Calendar for the class dates each month (usually on the first Thursday) and below for more details.
- If you are interested in taking a class, teaching a class, or sharing a technique please contact the co-chairmen with questions –
Yevonne ShaferWanda CofeltLaura AllenJeannine Alderhold
(see the Membership List under the Members Login for contact information).
- Thursday, August 1 – Two Fabric Bargello, teacher – Judi Reed
- Thursday, September 5 – Sweatshirt Jacket, teacher – Barbara Benoit
- Thursday, October 3 – Collage Class given by Terri Jones
- Thursday, November 7 -Christmas Wreath – Evelyn Mihlfeld and Yevonne Shafer
- Thursday, December 5 – Hand Quilting – Nancy Jones
- Thursday, January 2 – Beginning Machine Quilting by Karen Stanley
- Thursday, February 6 – Fabric Color – MaryAnn Wenger