In keeping with our guild mission statement, we strive to offer programs that feature local and national guest speakers. Our specialty groups within the guild offer interesting programs too. All programs are conducted at our monthly day and night meetings. Whenever possible, corresponding workshops are held on the Wednesday following the monthly meeting. We are currently booking our 2017 speakers and are looking forward to an exciting year.
All programs are free to OPQG members. A $10 fee will be charged to non-members for a program featuring a guest speaker.
- June 27 ~ Day and Night Meeting ~ Guest speaker is Dawn Heese of Linen Closet Designs, Columbia, Missouri.
- June 28 ~ 1/2 day Workshop on “Big Stitch Quilting” with Dawn Heese.
- July 25 ~ Day and Night Meeting ~ Guest speaker is Laura Jean Pleachet, a former rug maker at Silver Dollar City.
- July 26 ~ Laura’s all day workshop is $15 and you must purchase a kit for $50.
- August 22 ~ Day and Night Meeting ~ Guest speaker is Missy Carpenter of Traditional Primitives. She was an exhibitor at our 2016 Quilt Show.
- August 23 ~ All day workshop, “Whip Stitch”. Cost is $35. Fabric kits will be available or you can use your own fabrics.
- September 26 ~ Day and Night Meetings ~ Suzi Parron will lecture on “Barn Quilts and the American Trail”.
- There will be no workshop this month.